This November is National Hospice Care Month, we are trying to raise more awareness for our Your Choice… Our Promise. campaign. I can’t even begin to tell you the number of times we get thank you cards from patients’ families, that we never had. Or the number of phone calls we get regarding patients… we never had. Or the number of memorials we receive from patients… we never had.
So why? You ask.. Why do we get so many things with patients we don’t have. That’s because the stigma in Marshall is that there is one Hospice agency… When in fact there is not. We are doing everything we can to let everyone know that there is more than one hospice agency in Marshall, and that you have a choice to use the provider that you CHOOSE, no matter who that may be. So when someone goes to the clinic they just sign them right up for hospice (or home care) not asking that patient what provider they would like….
It’s Your Choice….
When hospice or home care is needed, it is your legal right to select the agency you feel will be the best fit for you and your family. All hospice and home care agencies are not the same. It is important to note that although Prairie home Hospice has been providing hospice care in Lyon County since 1984, we are no longer the only hospice agency available in Lyon County. That means, if you choose to have Prairie Home Hospice as your hospice care provider, you must be clear in letting your physician(s), hospital discharge planner and/or others know that you wish to have Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care as your hospice or home care provider. They must respect your choice.
When Choosing Hospice or Home care Services, Look at all your options. And find the agency you feel best fits YOUR family. Now just by reading this article, you have started your research, So here is what sets us apart
We hope you’ll choose Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care as your care provider, if and then you or a loved one needs hospice or home care. Our experienced and qualified care team will meet with you and your family to explain our services; provide information about your options and the kind of care we provide; and help assess your care needs – now or in the future.
Why Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care?
- Our Commitment to Quality
- We provide staffing levels that allow our care teams the time they need to provide the kind of care that patients deserve.
- Our patient response rates are exceptional. When you need us, we’ll be there.
- We respect and honor patient choices, preferences and beliefs.
- Our Experience Matters
- Our reputation for providing quality care since 1984 speaks for itself. We’re the hometown care you’ve come to know and trust.
- Founded and Supported by the Communities We Serve
- The only non-profit, freestanding hospice and home care provider serving this area that was established by the community to serve the community. We remain committed to the same values that we were founded on in 1984 – providing quality care and compassionate service.
- Every dollar we earn or raise stays right here in the community and is reinvested in Meeting the needs of the community and those we serve.