Welcome to Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care!
As the first hospice in our area, Prairie Home Hospice has long set the standard for end-of-life care in Lyon County and the surrounding area. Today, we continue to lead the way, with innovative programs that honor choices, preserve dignity and address the needs of those we are so privileged to serve.
In late 2013 our name changed to Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care. To expand the continuum of care, we added home health services and began serving patients in February 2014. We also added Prairie Home Salon & Spa in late 2013. We added this as a social enterprise venture. Funds generated through our Salon & Spa help to support the hospice mission.
As a nonprofit, community effort owned by the community, supported by the community, and shaped by the communities we serve—we care for all who need us, regardless of ability to pay.
Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care is a private, voluntary, non-profit organization. We offer hospice, home health and salon & spa services. Our primary market area is Lyon County, Minnesota and the surrounding area.
MISSION: We provide quality care to individuals in the comfort of their home.
VISION: Our vision is to ensure that:
- The individuals and families we serve experience compassionate service, quality care, physical comfort, a sense of emotional and spiritual well being, and peace of mind in a way that enriches their lives.
- There is a culture of collaboration among and between patient, family, medical partners, hospice staff, volunteers and the community.
- There is community awareness of hospice, palliative and home care and the services we provide.
- Prairie Home Hospice & Community Care is the provider of choice for hospice, and palliative care in the region.
VALUES: We value:
- The right of every patient to receive quality medical care that is consistent with their values and preferences.
- Excellence from highly motivated, competent and empowered staff, volunteers and board members.
- Respect, honesty, integrity, confidentiality, trust and professionalism.
- Responsible stewardship of the gifts and resources with which we have been entrusted.
Additional resources we provide include:
- Five Wishes
- Grief Groups
- Caregiver Support including Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions
We are very appreciative of the support we receive from the community through donations, memorials and grant funds. We are extremely thankful for our board, volunteers and staff who work hard to provide quality care!
We are a proud member of We Honor Veterans, a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration which is designed to empower hospice professionals to meet the unique needs of dying veterans.
We have received grant funding from:
Otto Bremer Foundation
Marshall Community Foundation
Lyon-Lincoln Electric Trust, Inc.